Here you will find all the details about what size wrap you need and what different parts of different carriers measure. Don’t forget that fabric allowing I can also make the measurements to your specification.
What size wrap do I need?
- Mei tai: Size 7 with a hood, size 6 without.
- Half buckle: Size 6/7 with a hood and/or structured waist band, size 5 without.
- Onbuhimo: Size 5 with a hood, size 4 without.
- Podaegi: Size 6/7 with a hood, size 5 without (size 2-3 for just a panel and hood)
- Full buckle: Size 3 with a hood, size 2 without.
- Reverse half buckle (with mei tai or ring waist) size 5 with a hood, size 4 without
***If your wrap has steep tapers and/or a large pattern repeat or you require lots of extras/an oversize pixie hood or long straps then you may need to size up or add other fabrics***
What size are Squish D’lish carriers?
The body panel from the straps to the waistband and across the widest part of the set are as follows:
- Baby size – 14″ x 14″ (35cm)
- Standard size – 16″ x 16″ (40cm)
- Toddler size – 18″ x 18″ (45cm)
- Pre-school size 20″ x 20″ (50cm)
*custom sizes are available upon request*
Shoulder strap lengths
Mei tai/half buckle/podaegi
- Petite – 70″ (180cm)
- Standard – 78″ (200cm)
- Long – 86″ (220cm)
*Petite straps have 14″ (35cm) of padding, standard and long have 16″ (40cm) of padding (padded straps only)*
- Petite – 55″ (140cm)
- Standard – 63″ (160cm)
- Long – 70″ (180cm)
*Padding when requested is 14″ (35cm) but can be longer/shorter upon request*
One size – 14″ – 20″ (35cm – 50cm) with strap adjusters. Padding is 12″ (30cm)
Waist straps are 29″ (75cm) each side of the carrier on a Mei tai and 24″ (60cm) on a buckle waist. Onbu waist loops are 3″. These can be longer upon request providing the wrap supplier is long enough.
*All measurements are approximate*